Tuesday 20 August 2013

How to Achieve Khushoo in Salah?

Once a righteous man named Hatim al Asam was asked how to attain concentration in prayer. He replied:
“I imagine that the Ka’bah is in front of me, Al Sirat is under my feet, Jannah (Paradise) is to my right and Jahanam (Hell) is to my left, that the Messenger of Allah (pbuh) is watching me praying and the Angel of Death is behind me waiting for me to finish praying so he can take my soul. Then I would stand between hope and fear. Carefully pronounce “Allahuakbar (God is Great)!” Then recite the Qur’an harmoniously, bow in humility and prostrate submissively. Then with a big hope in Allah’s mercy, I wonder if He accepted my prayer. Always perform prayer as if it’s your last one because you never know when you will die.”

Isn’t this great advice? This is a small but effect advice for the Muslims to who are seeking Khushoo in salah. Khushoo is concentration. Concentrate with full soul and mind towards Allah in salah. Allah doesn’t need salahs that are carelessly thrown at him without heart. Muslims who pray salah just to fulfill the obligation are doing wrong and should stop it as soon as possible. We don’t know about our life, maybe the salah we are praying might be our last one. So every salat is important and should be performed with khushoo and heartedly!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment