Tuesday 10 September 2013

The Beauty of Surah Al-Faatihah

Ibn Al-Qayyim (rahimahullaah) said in his book As-Salaat wa Hukm Taarikihaa:
 And when he (the servant reciting Surat Al-Faatihah in prayer) says: All praise is due to Allah the Rabb of all the Worlds, he pauses for a short while waiting for the response of his Lord: ‘My servant has praised Me.’ Then when he says: The Most Gracious the Most Merciful he waits for the response: ‘My servant has extolled Me’ and when he says: Master of the Day of Judgment, he waits for the response: ‘My servant has glorified Me.’
It is the delight of his heart, the pleasure of his eye and the joy of his soul that his Lord says about him: ‘My servant’ three times. By Allah! If the fumes of desire and the darkness of the soul were not upon the hearts, they would have flown out of happiness and joy that their Lord, Maker and Deity says: “My servant has praised Me, My servant has extolled Me and My servant has glorified Me.”

·         Selected fromImaan Builder 2: Employing Al-Faatihah As the Basis for the Development and Maintenance of ImaanSalafiPublications

No comments:

Post a Comment